Introduction.

Hello, my name is Connor Lindsey. I was born and raised in Antelope Valley, California, and moved to North Pole, Alaska. I have spent half of my life in California and half in Alaska as of writing this post. Music is a big part of my life. I listen to hours of music daily, and I'm very picky about what music I listen to. My favorite song is "The Trap" by Tally Hall. I know every one of their songs by heart and have memorized the lyrics to almost all of them. You can check out their website here. I don't like much music besides Tally Hall, but I am a pretty big fan of Daft Punk. I have so many pets, it's almost like a zoo in my house. I have a Polish Dwarf rabbit, a Korean Jindo, many guppies and some catfish, two snails, and a Norwegian Forest cat. I'm also very tall, It seems like an odd thing to bring up in a blog, but I am 6'2" at the age of 15. My height has become a large part of my personality, and many height jokes are told every day. I also have what some people would call "clown feet". Apparently, having size 15 shoes at the age of 15 is considered having "clown feet". My favorite piece of art has to be the insane painting, "The Ambassadors" by Hans Holbein the Younger. The painting has an optical illusion of a skull that can only be seen from the side of the painting.
  Check out the Wikipedia article for "The Ambassadors" here. 
This Painting is over 500 years old, this optical illusion must have been extremely hard to pull off. Another fact about the painting is that every single item, person, and detail has a meaning behind it. Art means a lot to me. I spend a lot of my time sketching, doodling, and coloring. I always loved art, and Drawing takes up lots of my time. I love to use pencils, markers, watercolors, acrylics, and many more. I often draw still lifes, things in front of me, or more commonly, items and characters from video games. I also make props from those video games, and sometimes I'll make costumes from them. Last year, I won a costume contest by dressing up as a character from Team Fortress 2. I entered the Alaska Innovative Competition (AIC) with a pencil self-portrait and a watercolor painting. I didn't win, but I had a lot of fun participating. My bedroom is filled with pieces of art, LEGO models, and 3D pen sculptures. I wish to pursue a career path in art, music, or food. I'm mainly looking for a job where I can be creative, support myself, and be happy doing what I do.
Wikipedia: The Ambassadors (Holbein), 2021, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ambassadors_(Holbein) Tally Hall: https://www.tallyhall.com/

Comments

  1. Wonderful start to your blog Connor. Illusion paintings are super cool. I have been to a church in Rome where they couldn't build a dome because it would block light coming into the church library next door, so they painted a fake dome on the interior ceiling. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Conner! I enjoyed reading your blog, especially about your pets. I'm limited to dogs and cats myself, but we have a plethora of them in our home, and love every one of them. It's nice to meet a fellow animal lover! I look forward to reading more of your posts as we work through the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the music link you provided, I had never heard of them before today. That painting of the art piece in the hall with the skull is interesting, I don't think I have ever seen it before. You have such a range in animals, my son would love to have that many pets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Baroque Era and the Art and Science.

The Renaissance

The Classical Era